Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Relax-a-bration

Cigar:Illusione CG:4
Drink: Mojito

I am the MAN!!!

I got them all to go down for a nap, the 1yr old, the newborn, and the wife!!! Now I just have to come up with something constructive to do during the downtime. I know, I will sit in my chair and watch the badly needed storm roll in.

So many other people are blogging about the 4th and its true meaning, I am almost hesitant to throw my hat into the ring, but for lack of better words, this is what it means to me.

Doing something that I can enjoy and appreciate, knowing that my family is safe and secure in the house I am leaning against. Not having to worry about if tonight is the night an attack takes someone I love from me. Knowing that if I work hard, my kids will have a better life to start from than I did. Knowing my wife is not going to be taken from our bed and raped and tortured by government officials. Knowing that I am not going to be taken from our bed and raped and tortured by government officials. Knowing that my sons will not be forced into government service, but are free to make that decision for themselves when the time comes.

Knowing that should any of the above standards change, I have the means to participate in correcting them.

This is what a day of independance means to me. And I thank each and every Veteran, from Washington's Army, to Petraeus's, all the men and women serving at home and abroad, and, most of all, every single mother, father, wife, husband, brother, sister, and child who has gotten a knock on the door that changed their lives forever.

Thank you.

About the cigar:

Definately something different than what I usually smoke. Robust, but not overpowering. Very....earthy. Loose ash. I would say that this is a good "activity" cigar. One you would smoke while at the range (driving or shooting), fishing, boating, or some other activity where you may not be able to fully enjoy a more "nuanced" smoke. Very straight-forward and easy. I will be adding a couple more singles of these to the small humidor, but not buying a whole box.

No comments: