Friday, July 11, 2008

Thanks, I needed that

Cigar: Patel Decades
Drink: Pilsner Urquell

Ahhhhhhh

The often talked about, rarely seen, always welcome 2 cigar day. Been a rough week. Between the 1-yr old, the 1-wk old and going back to work after a week off, I am ready for the weekend.

Oh. Wait.

Have to finish a deck that has taken wa-a-a-a-a-a-y too long to build, make sure that my wife can get caught up on her sleep, get the car aligned, clean the home office, tend to the garden, reload for the .308 .45 and .223, wash the truck and the other car............

Is it Monday yet?

About the cigar:

Yet another Patel. This one is a box-pressed maduro. This "special edition" was blended by Rocky to celebrate 10 years in business.

I normally try to stay away from such "special" or "gimmick" cigars, and stick to a regular offering. In this case, I am glad I made an exception. Well constructed, with a dark, oily wrapper, this cigar is very mild for the maduro types. Not saying that it isn't a full-bodied smoke, but it doesn't even come close to the Ghurkas, Perdomos, or H2H house blends that make up my normal smoking selections. I recommend this one to someone who would like to try a maduro, but doesn't normally smoke the strong stuff.

No comments: