Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dreading the Morrow

Cigar: The Edge by Patel
Drink: Stella Artois

Well, after a week of "paternity" leave, I have to return to work tomorrow. Actually tonight, since I promised I would work during the past week, and really haven't. But I only have about 2 hrs. worth of product that has to be turned out before I show up, so I shouldn't have to much of an issue there.

Mom and baby are doing fine, though I can tell that neither like the house restriction that the doctor put on them. Big Brother is still not too sure what to think about the new little noise maker that is in the house, though the concern he shows when it cries is heart-warming and encouraging.

I don't know if anyone is reading this thing yet other than me, but if you are, drop a line or two in comments to let me know what you think. The cigar reviews are pretty amatuerish, but written as I sit on my back deck, smoking the cigar I am writing about. This gives on-the-spot, as it is happening credence to the review. YMMV.

About the cigar;

The Edge is Rocky Patel's "low-end" offering. Mild with a distinctive wood flavoring, this cigar lends itself very well to everyday smoking. My last trip to the tobacconist saw me leave with 4 of these sticks, and I am currently on my second one of the bunch. I have to say that smoking them while enjoying a premium beer such as Stella is one of my life's little luxuries. The robustness of the beer offset by the mild cigar makes for a very relaxing, hour-long, $8 vacation. As with other Patel offerings, the 1st third of the burn can speed up on you causing a run or canoe if you draw too aggresively or frequently. The mildness of this particular cigar versus the 90's or 92's make this more a concern as you tend to try to draw more out of each puff. Paying more attention to your smoking habits and allowing the cigar to burn itself will alleviate this issue and enhance the smoke.

No comments: