Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Insert Standard Back Porch Post Here

Cigar: Flor de Juan Lopez

First of all...Blech. I will most definately NOT be purchasing another one of these. Mild to the point of no flavor during the first part of the burn, one or two draws in the middle where it sort of resembles a cigar, then harsh, hot smoke toward the end. If it weren't the last thing in my small humidor that needs to be re-seasoned, I probably wouldn't smoke it at all. Instead I would save it for that ONE guy at my next cookout. You know the one.

"Hey, whatcha smokin?"

"Dominican Cohiba Lonsdale, been aging it in the humidor for about 3 months now, getting the flavor and intesity just right for tonight."

"Oh, I ain't never smoked one of them before, but I do like me some Swishers every now and then, you ever had one?"

Yeah buddy, I've had one. In High School. Because someone's old man smoked them. And they were free (to us anyway). I didn't like them then. They taste like someone shit in a tobacco leaf, dried it out, put four more of the same in a pack, and mis-labeled them cigars.

Now, I am not saying this is as bad as a Swisher, Philly, or Edward. Because they aren't. But if you know "That Guy" will be at your next party, and don't want to waste a Cohiba, Monte, Patel, or Perdomo.........

No comments: