Friday, July 11, 2008

New Box

Cigar: Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto

I have been smoking a lot of the Perdomo cigars lately and decided to go ahead and buy a box of these. Excellent smoke, if a little short lived (45 min). Real nice presentation in the box, although they come in cello.

Ahh....the great cellophane controversy. To remove or not to remove, that is the poorly worded, overused question. I always remove the cellophane from cigars that are going into my humidor. I like the fact that they continue to age, The mix of flavors, especially in my small box that sees a lot of variety, makes for interesting smoking.

The downside is that with the cellophane gone, the cigars are more susceptible to the enviroment. Closely monitoring and controlling temperature and humidity becomes even more of a necessary evil than before.

In the end, it is really up to you if you want to remove your wrapper and let your sticks breathe. If you are going to, I highly recommend that you get a couple of the Aurtro Fuente humidity packs and toss them in with your cigars. I have found these to be the best way to maintain a constant humidity. They are set at 69% and control both ways, up and down.

No comments: